Sunday, July 29, 2007

Publication Update

My Fall and Winter Turkey Hunter's Handbook is due out shortly, while my current book project--Turkey Calls and Calling--is slated for Spring '09 publication (both from Stackpole Books).

I'm also currently working on a number of spring turkey hunting features, specifically two for Outdoor Life, and as many for Turkey & Turkey Hunting, plus work for many online industry markets (web content primarily). Just finished a New England destinations roundup for Cabela's Outfitter Journal last week (Jan-Feb. issue). Check out my weekly Sunday column and photo support with Foster's Sunday Citizen as well (my tenth year writing for that space). I wrote about spiders last week, and aromatherapy in the form of Hoppe's No. 9 today . . .

Look for my piece on turkey dogging in the Fall issue of T&TH, and e-mail me with any questions you might have about this traditional pursuit that is getting a lot of interest of late as seasons expand around the country. I've a feature on fall turkey flocks about to appear in Turkey Call magazine as well (Sept.-Oct. issue), and one on fall turkey hunting due out from N.H. Wildlife Journal soon . . .

Apart from this, I'm teaching two courses for Granite State College this summer, specifically the Writing Process and American Popular Culture.

--Steve Hickoff