Monday, February 19, 2007

Recent Publications and Coming Appearances


My forthcoming turkey book will be out come summer (Stackpole Books). Stay tuned . . .

As print magazines go, a lot of you noticed my piece in the recent Ruffed Grouse Society magazine, so thanks again for the kind words. I've two turkey features in the current '07 Turkey Hunting Stategies annual (features on turkey shot/shotgunning, and 10 surefire setups with illustrations). Look for that on newsstands now. NWTF members will find my hunting features in the next two issues of Turkey Call ("Reading Turkeys Like a Book" and "Maine's Spring Gobblers"). I've a Wyoming Merriam's hunt piece in the current Realtree Outdoors Turkey Hunting Special as well (check your local newsstand for this super annual). I've two turkey hunting features forthcoming in Outdoor Life as well. My "Turkey Lingo" just appeared in the print mag Get in the Game (NWTF).

Let's see, what else . . . some of you just know of my weekly spot in Foster's Sunday Citizen (Dover/Laconia, NH), which is cool. I'm entering my tenth year in that space (I was the first columnist contacted when they started the Sunday edition in Nov. '97), and enjoy the regional coverage and your readership. My article "Crazy for Cottontails" was just posted on Realtree.com, and takes me back to my Pennsylvania rabbit hunting days with my dad, his beagles, and my brother Dave.

Plenty of other assignments underway for work to appear this fall on turkeys, waterfowl, upland birds, and gun dogs.

--S.H.

(Steve Hickoff photo)