Saturday, November 10, 2007

Armchair Update

Shipped a waterfowl article today, and wrote a newspaper column, then later drove by one of my October turkey spots to find five trucks in there hunting Saturday whitetails.

Otherwise, here in the home office, I've two book projects underway that are coming together steadily, which is part of the enjoyment for those of us who undertake them. Photo support and drawings are due for each, which presents an interesting twist as well. One even involves a cd.

As the assignment board goes, I've work due through August 2008. Look for stuff in Cabela's Outfitter Journal, Turkey & Turkey Hunting, N.H. Wildlife Journal, plus my work with realtree.com, and some other print pubs and websites. This month also marks my tenth year selling my "New England Afield" column and photos to Foster's Sunday Citizen.

My winter seminar schedule is pretty much set, with talks on everything from striped bass to wild turkeys.

--S.H.